bundokbiker

Thursday, November 18, 2004

It's official

My Chester Ute (pictured in the background) is the bestest bike I've ever owned? Why am I saying this out of the blue? Because I've spent three solid weeks on other bikes, and my back always ends up hurting.

The EWR is fun for hopping, but I find it's too stiff for long rides and it's stout steel frames jackhammer vibrations up my spine. The long and low position I used on the Crosscheck (for the C&O trip) has its purpose, but I don't really dig it being that stretched out.

I was just wondering which bike I should take on the Richmond Epic Ride this weekend. I really wanted to take the EWR because it's new (to me) and I want to get used to it, but since the Epic Ride is an all day thing, I'd be as sore as a Bonobos monkey after a few hours in the saddle.

I also considered taking my Yo Eddy, but I haven't been to many (if any) of these places and I'm just not down with riding fixie this weekend.

Nothing beats the way that the Matt Chester disappears underneath me. It's smooth like buttah, and it's handling is just the way I like it. I've never doubted it, but taking a few weeks off that bike has let me appreciate it even more.

Anyways, enough inanimate object gushing. I've caught up with work after staying late last night, so a little of the pressure is off me. Clients look at our stuff next week, and if we hit the nail on the head, then it'll be busy time as we assembly line the rest of the project.

Another good note about mi casa. Wifey and I have been getting more furniture. We're not at the point where guests don't have to bring their own seats if they don't want to sit on the floor, but now they won't have to sit on books because we got some modular style Ikea shelving. No more tiptoeing through all our crap on the ground. Feel free to shuffle your feet! We also got a huge Ikea dining room table (seats 10-12, egad!) because it looked decent enough and was on sale for 1/3rd off. Uhhh, no seating though.

Why all the Ikea stuff? One: it's five miles from our house, two: it's cheap(er), three: we're getting tired of having all our stuff scattered on the ground.

When we're all done we should have a furniture party!

1 Comments:

  • Don't be scared of the fixie...I'll be riding the IF fixie down there this weekend. Figure you already have ridden Poor Farm. Buttermilk isn't that tough, just rooty and a little off camber. Poco should be a good one though, haven't been there with all the new work they have done. See you there!

    By Blogger DT, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home