bundokbiker

Monday, November 15, 2004

Turtle

So yesterday I get a little tired of doing all the domestic things and have to sneak out for a ride. I ride down to the mile long ribbon of singletrack a couple of blocks from my house to play around. I put on my Sidis that have good cleats, paying no mind to the fact that I tightened my pedals retention to hold the cleats on my worn Carnacs better. Needless to say, once the Sidis locked into the pedals, it felt like you needed a key to release them.

No matter, it was getting late and I was too lazy to loosen them up. I get to the woods and play/ hop around on the logs. I get loopy trying to hop onto a 2' tall log, lose my balance, and WHAM fall straight on my back on top of some other logs. I lie there for a minute, laughing, still locked into my pedals, when the pain starts creeping in. Ouch. My lower back's sore again, after almost recovering from last weekend's C&O ride. No crashes then, but I'm not used to being in the aero position for so long.

Lesson learned? Lube yer cleats.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home