bundokbiker

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Rose

Yesterday I had to make the decision to call off the ride with MORE at Rosaryville. It sucked because I had to decide early enough so that people would have time to get their bikes and stuff ready if they didn't already bring it with them to work. It was gray and misty, but no sizeable drops when I made the call. However, at about the time that the ride was supposed to start, a steady drizzle moved in. I was glad that it did so I don't have to feel so bad about canceling.

Like most days of the week, I'm looking forward to the weekend. Weather.com is forecasting that the rain will die down tomorrow, so hopefully it's windy and sunny enough on Friday that I can do some riding on Saturday. At the very least I can head out to Gambrill and get my ride on.

The wifey feels bad for me because I won't be riding much (if at all) this week due to the rain and the other things that she wants me to go to, so she gave me the green light to ride both days this weekend. Do you have any idea how rare that is? Definitely a score! I love that woman :)

My thumb still hurts from crashes on the last two weekends. Two weeks ago (10/11 entry) I hooked up with a bunch of guys I've never ridden with, but I've talked to them on the beginning of rides. (Swell group, and I think I'm going to squeeze into their rides again.) Anyways, I crashed pretty hard and my whole left hand and palm were swollen for a little while. It was slightly sore last Sunday, but I tried to get over a dinky pile of logs and hit a small wet log at a bad angle. Shwoop! The bike came out from under me, and I jammed my hand into a hole, formed by logs thrown down at random. Ouch. Hopefully it fully heals by this weekend so I can throw down.

If you're looking for something to do on Sunday, come out to the Avalon trail maintenance day. Klas, the organizer just had another kid, so the Outlaw may run things. Maintenance is a go whether the weather sucks or not, but the ride is only going to happen if the trails are firm enough. Don't want to undo what you just did, eh?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home