bundokbiker

Friday, November 05, 2004

Three days of riding

30 more hours and I'll be in Cumberland. This town is the location of the beginning of the C&O canal, and 10 buddies and I are going to pay a big van to drive us up from Georgetown to Cumberland so that we can ride our bikes down the 180+ miles back to DC.

I've done it once before, and even though the trails were a little boring, the company was good, so it was enjoyable.

Round two of this trip, and I still can't remember what I brought the first time. I'm going to try to pack as light as possible, but with the rain that just came down, I'm hoping that it stays dry for the weekend. However, it means bringing a few extra things just so that I'm ready for whatever Ma Nature wants to throw at us.

Because I will be using wool tops, this helps with the minimalism because the stuff don't stink too easily. With a couple days of use of any of the synthetics, you pretty much smell like hell after just one day's use. Wool naturally fights the stink, so I can wear the stuff for multiple days.

Anyways, I'm feeling a little raggedy around the edges, so I'm turning in early. Thirteen past midnight? I must be getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home