bundokbiker

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Who now?

Zookeeper: 9540

So here we are waiting for the media to release the news for who the next bumbling fool will be that will run the country, and to be frank, I could care less. I hate politics. I know as a citizen of this country that I should care, but I hate how no one that is in office can ever do right. Do one thing, piss off one side. Don't do the thing that your constituents want, piss off your own side. Do nothing, piss every one off. Anyways enough mindless blabber about politics from me.

I led a ride at the Rose today and 6 people, including me, showed up. It was pitch black when it started and felt a little weird because there are no lights at the park. There were 3 regulars and two new guys that showed up. I never know how to start off a ride, so I always take off like a bat at the start. The first newbie (to our group) shadowed me the whole way. Because there were so many leaves on the ground it was really hard to see the trail. I shot straight while the trail veered right. The first newbie blasted away and I wanted to catch him. I rode as hard as I could and I couldn't even keep his light in sight. By the time I got to the big power line hill, he was way gone.

One-third of the way through the ride he stopped, I caught up, and asked to wait for the rest of the group. I started talking to him and he said he's won some expert races. No wonder! That made me feel a little better. At least I was getting dropped by a truly fast guy, and not some middle-pack sport racer.

There were warm pockets of air through the course, and it was dry and super fast. I loved the swooping, but the leaves shot me straight off the trail a few times.

About the EWR: I'm still trying to get used to it. I put the rigid fork back on the bike, and I think it feels better than the Fox. However, the bike in general is pretty rough. My back was sore after three miles. I know I can prevent the sore back by just working out by doing sit-ups, but I'm too lazy. I want to keep riding this thing as much as I can because I want to ride it at the Punk Bike Enduro next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home