bundokbiker

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Slackin

I've got about four rides in since the last entry. One in Pittsburgh, one at Gambrill, one at Greenbrier, and one at Wakefield. All were great, but the crappy overcast weather not only takes away our riding opportunities, it also removes our motivation to do ... anything.

I've said this before and many people say the same thing, "I can handle the cold and I can handle the wet, but I can't handle them together." It's not quite as bad as during the spring when everything is thawing. At least in the winter after it rains, there is a possibility that it wil freeze up. When the ground hardens up because of the cold you can still go out there without a guilty conscience.

So I still owe you a Pittsburgh experience. That'll come later. Right now I'm going for a road spin in the drizzle butI have to hurry and get back before the furniture delivery guys get here. Later.

3 Comments:

  • so...
    I head up to the Pittsburgh area a few times a year each year
    have considered leaving a spare bike at the inlaws
    but never know where to ride....

    the inlaws are in Upper St Clair

    any tips on where to ride?

    hit me with it!

    By Blogger gwadzilla, at 5:27 PM  

  • oh yea
    hi
    this is joel
    from the team

    I have not been riding for shit lately

    well

    a short ride into work

    and that is all

    By Blogger gwadzilla, at 5:28 PM  

  • gwadzilla,

    I've only ridden in Pitt twice, both times for the Dirt Rag Punk Bike Enduro. They posted a map of the trails we rode for the event here: http://tinyurl.com/5bpdr

    By Blogger rickyd 2, at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home