bundokbiker

Monday, January 31, 2005

Mellow

Saturday morn wifey and I went up to the Garden State for a baptism. These, weddings, Christmas and Easter masses are the only times that this lifelong Catholic sets foot in church any more. Got back home just in time to see the sun set, so there was no riding for me that day.

In between sleeping, eating, and a little riding, this was the weekend of the movies. We just joined some Blockbuster plan where you pay $15 for the first month, and you can have two movies a day. If done right, you can make out with ~60 movies a month and a lot more dead brain cells. We also have Netflix, so we were ready for the snow.

Saturday night we watched the Village. It's probably the lamest movie I've seen recently. After the brilliant Sixth Sense, M. Night has steadily declined. Later that night, we moved onto This Girl's Life. Watchable, and the spattering of nudity didn't hurt.

Sunday morn we started off with Twilight Samurai. That was probably the gem of the weekend. Can't go wrong watching this with the gal, but probably not the guys. The next one was Old School, which is more appropriate with the fellas. It had me in tears laughing my ass off.

After lunch I struck out into the neighborhood and tooled around with the camera and my bike on my way to Blockbuster. Picked up Chinese Chocolate and Maria Full of Grace. We tried to watch Chinese Chocolate, but after being so pissed off about the Village from the previous night, I decided that if the movie sucks superbad after 10 minutes, it wasn't going to get any more play. This one got the superbad label and was out.

We tried to play La Ley de Herodes, but some effer scratched it pretty bad in one spot and it screwed up my DVD player. It's strange, but after trying to play this movie (which kept dying at the ~2 minute mark), every other DVD kept dying at around the 2 minute mark. I unplugged the player, whacked it a few times, and banged it on the floor for good measure. It must have straightened up the laser because I had no problems afterward. Finally, we watched Maria Full of Grace. I'm glad we finished up the weekend with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home